Affordability Remains a Stumbling Block to Home Ownership in 2nd Quarter of 2020

A deeper look into the second quarter of 2020’s National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Housing Trend Report (HTR) reveals that only 23% of prospective buyers can afford at least half of the homes available in the areas they are searching. The remaining 77% are unable to afford fewer than half of the homes. These results verify that affordability remains a significant stumbling block for prospective home buyers. From a national perspective over 70% of would be home buyers, in every region of the U.S. can afford fewer than half the homes that are for sale.


FEA compiles the Wood Markets News from various 3rd party sources to provide readers with the latest news impacting forest product markets. Opinions or views expressed in these articles do not necessarily represent those of FEA.
Original Source:
Affordability Expectations Show Slight Improvement