Global Outlook for Engineered Lumber
Are you a subscriber? To access this report, please log in.
While some may think that offshore manufacturing and markets do not have relevance to their operations, we believe that manufacturers and distributors of engineered lumber products throughout the world are today operating in a global context, even if they don’t have a presence overseas.
Imbalances exist in supply & demand. China is the woodworking shop of the world but has little in the way of its own timber resources. Russia has the world’s largest timber basket but much of it is inaccessible. North America has 80% of the world market for engineered lumber, but it lacks the high-grade veneer necessary to keep pace with its recovering markets. Europe has ample wood resources and excess capacity, but its weak domestic markets will turn Euro manufacturers into exporters.
The Global Outlook Study will enable you to:
- Identify and assess new market opportunities
- Analyze and understand competitive threats
- Develop and/or refine export market strategies
- Mitigate cyclicality through market diversification
- Acquire data on capacities by manufacturer and plant
- Acquire accurate supply, demand, cost & price histories and forecasts by product and region
- Identify potential customers and partners in offshore markets
- Get up to speed on new engineered lumber products and manufacturing technologies