10th China Global Wood Trade Conference
November 19 – 20, 2020
All presentation recordings and PDFs will be available until March 30, 2021.
Thursday, November 19, 2020
- Introduction and Overview
Time (UTC+8)TitleSpeaker9:00Introduction & Welcome Speech (no conference materials available)–9:30China Economic Update (no conference materials available)10:0010:2510:5011:15Coffee & Tea–11:3011:50
- Supply and Country Dynamics
Time (UTC+8)TitleSpeaker13:3013:50Russian Log & Lumber Supply in China: How a Ban on Exports of Russian Logs Will Change Trade Flows After 2022 — Development Trends in the Sakhalin Region’s Forest Industry14:1014:30Sarah Friel, AgriHQ Analyst14:5015:10Middle East & North African Lumber Markets: Analysis & Outlook in a COVID-19 World — Digital Supply Chains: Automating Import, Logistics, Documentation, Analytics, & Compliance15:30Denis Mahonghol, Central Africa Office Director at TRAFFIC15:50Chen Hin Keong, TRAFFIC International16:10-16:40Session Speakers
2020 has seen extreme volatility in global wood trade. From the plunge in Chinese imports early in the year to the surge in North American prices mid-year, most traders and analysts have been left questioning what they thought they knew about wood products markets. FEA’s 10th China conference, co-organized with the China Timber & Wood Products Distribution Association (CTWPDA) in Zhejiang, China on November 19 – 20, 2020, will help you gain a better understanding of global markets and China’s role in them.
The 2020 event will address many critical topics, including: the steep rise in European imports, potential effects of COVID-19, market dynamics, trade war status, economic and end use developments, as well as supply/import trends for logs and lumber that will continue to create uncertainty in China in 2020.
NEW this year: The conference will offer both in-person or virtual attendance (via Zoom).
Global Wood Trade (GWT) China is an annual event where global wood traders meet in China. GWT China attracts more than 350 participants, including wood suppliers/exporters, importers, wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers as well as trade associations, industry experts, government officials and representatives of international organizations from more than 20 countries as well as from China.
November 19: One-day conference, virtual or in-person
November 20: All-day industry tour, in-person only
FEA | Littleton, MA
China Timber & Wood Products Distribution Association | Beijing, China
- FEA Hotel Information
Conference Hotel: DeQing Novotel Hotel
Building 1, Chip Building, No. 707, Quyuan South Road, Deqing County, Huzhou City, Zhejiang ProvinceThe hotel is around 200km away from the Shanghai Hongqiao airport, 230km away from the Shanghai PVG airport, and 75km away from the Hangzhou airport (Zhejiang province).Rates: One-bed/Two-bed rooms are 396 RMB per night (including a 15% service fee and one breakfast)
Reservations: Please contact FEA here with the dates of your stay at the conference hotel. There is no need make a reservation with the hotel directly. Payments will be completed with the hotel during check-in.
- How to use Zoom for the conference
Participants who register for the China Global Wood Trade Conference will:
- Receive an email with an exclusive link and password. The email will be sent from the secretariat before the conference.
- Need to download the Zoom application.
- On the day of the conference, click the link from the secretariat’s email and enter the password.
- What languages will be available?
There will be two language channels during the conference, Chinese and English.
- When will the conference recordings be available?
The recording and presentation will be sent to the registered participant within 5 working days after the conference.
- How to participate in the “online business matching” (Additional fee required)
Registration for this special portion of the conference has closed. However, if you have already registered, please note:
- If any schedules overlap, the companies will be prioritized according to the sequence of registration.
- The secretariat will contact participants for your one-on-one business matching preferences.
- Sessions must be completed within two weeks after the conference.
- Participants will receive an exclusive conference link with a password and a docking enterprises list before the conference.
- No translation service is provided for the online business matching session. Please bring your own interpreters.